Thursday, September 22, 2005

cultural creative

is apparently what I am - according to the quiz asking "What is your world view?"
I actually did not understand some of the statements I had to respond to... but here is my score anyway.


You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative

88%

Postmodernist

88%

Materialist

63%

Existentialist

50%

Idealist

38%

Modernist

31%

Romanticist

31%

Fundamentalist

25%

What is Your World View? (updated)
created with QuizFarm.com

I answered yes too all the questions on the US website Cultural Creatives questionnaire.

That worried me as I don't like to think I completely conform to something I've never heard of before! I serached for a UK link and found Ethical Matters description......and when I found it - I read this -

"right now you are quite likely sighing 'oh, no not another bloody stereotype' this may be because cultural creatives hate to be put in to boxes. While wanting to refrain from doing this there are some fascinating facts that we feel duty bound to tell you about."

We disagree with some of what Mr. Ray is saying as we find people with the interests proported to be of cultural creatives are often politically active - this political with the small p - concerned with their community, with environmental destruction, with globalisation - what cultural creatives are not are new age hippies. Although they cannot be discerned from any particular demographic group - Cultural Creatives come from all walks of life from accountants to acupuncturists, supermarket buyers to computer consultants and lawyers and doctors to midwives and gardeners - the overriding factor is that they tend to be involved in, or care intensely, about environmentalism, globalisation, peace, social justice, holistic health, civil rights and new spirituality. Many cultural creatives have dabbled in or are committed to self-development and growth; many would like nothing else but to leave the rat race to lead a more sustainable life. While they may not be lucky enough to do this they want to make difference in what they do right now.

Cultural Creatives are:
Interested in Ecological Sustainability Concerned with global ecology
Concerned with Women's Issues
Interested in or use alternative health care
Have a social conscience Are interested in a spiritual dimension
Are often information junkies - prefer print and radio to television
Ethical and careful consumers making value based purchases.

Obviously these are sweeping generalisations, however what distinguishes us nice Cultural Creative types are the following values and tendencies. Cultural Creatives want to invest ethically, they work hard to make their lives less dependent on unsustainable and unethical systems - to simplify their lives. They are often unhappy with the party political systems seeing flaws in both the left and the right while being politically active. Surprisingly, given their informed worldview they are often optimistic about the future while distrustful of the media. They often have finances and spending under control and are not concerned about overspending, disdaining advertising and can be fanatical recyclers. They tend to eat organic foods and use alternative medicine. Ultimately Cultural Creatives want to be involved in creating a new and better way of life for themselves, their dear ones and the world and at the same time work on self knowledge and increasing wisdom. "

So that's me labelled well and truly.....

I like the sound of it anyway so that's a good start!

I wonder how I got the 25% fundamentalist score - scary!!

5 comments:

Winter said...

I came out as 94% postmodernist! I'm sure that cannot be good. I'm 31% cultural creative so maybe there is some hope for me yet.

yclepta said...

You made me LOL!

Perhaps you are destined to be a artistlike Chris Ofili!

This is a funny site - I think you'll like it...http://www.pixcentrix.co.uk/pomo/

Wikipedia says the term post modern is therefore also used to describe a comprehensive worldview inherently hostile to philosophy and traditional religion. It emphasizes the importance of power relationships, personalization and discourse in the "construction" of truth and world views.

Is that your perspective then?

Anonymous said...

You scored as Postmodernist.



Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist

94%
Existentialist

88%
Cultural Creative

81%
Romanticist

75%
Modernist

38%
Idealist

31%
Materialist

25%
Fundamentalist

13%


I'm not sure. What do you think?

Winter said...

Heh heh, yes I do tend to emphasise power relations and discourse in the construction of truth and knowledge. Someone called me a critical theory junkie the other day, which I thought rather unfair, but maybe they were right.

However, I don't dismiss the importance of philosophy and I'm not inherently hostile to religion. I'm actually a very emotional and romantic person. I tend to go with my "gut feelings" and that sort if thing.

Btw I was 0% fundamentalist and that's got to be good.

TP said...

Oh crap - I did the test, wrote a long and involved comment then lost it somehow.

81% existentialist
81% cultural creative

I'm ok with that, it's certainly a better result than I've been geting from these things recetly!