Sunday, October 12, 2008

bleeding....

every day for the last 2 months.
I had shockingly unbearable pain when I had a period in August. It was the worst ever. I've had bad and severe but nothing like that.
My doctor has put me on the pill to stop me having another period until I get to the consultant.
I've had an abdominal scan and internal vaginal scan (both ultrasound) in September which showed nothing serious. The vaginal scan was very uncomfortable towards the end. I have a small fibroid apparently.
I stopped taking the pill a few years ago, as I don't think it's good for me to be on it more than 12-13 years. I'm only taking it as a temporary measure, and my doctor is also clear about that.
It's giving me very painful breasts in the morning and this bleeding is very annoying. I get some mild background cramp some days too like period pain. Weird! When I was on it before (a different make) I had nothing like that. This one must be a lot less powerful hormonally.
A friend of my Mum's yesterday thought maybe I'll have a D&C.
Have to wait and see.....

No comments: